1.01.2012

Loved It: Coconut Chicken and Rice

This is a recipe from Real Simple. I was attracted to this recipe not just because it looked delicious, but because it  looked super easy! Check and Check! I sized down the recipe by using 1 cup of rice and 1 and 3/4 cup liquid (1 cup chicken broth and 3/4 cup coconut milk, along with lime juice) and 2 chicken breasts and kept everything else the same. I'm guessing it was my modification that made the cooking time not long enough. I had to keep it in the oven for an extra 25 minutes. Other than that little hiccup I can tell you it was very easy and super yummy! Gonna be a regular at my place!



Ingredients

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 325° F. Lightly coat a 13-by-9-inch baking dish with vegetable cooking spray. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the garlic, cayenne, and lime zest; set aside.
  2. Place the rice in the baking dish. Combine the chicken stock, coconut milk, cilantro, salt, and lime juice and pour onto the rice. Arrange the chicken on top of the rice. Cover with foil and bake 25 to 30 minutes or until the rice is tender and the chicken is cooked through.
  3. Remove the foil, sprinkle the coconut on top, and cook 5 minutes more or until the coconut is browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment