11.23.2011

Loved It: Sweet and Spicy Salmon

This dish is not only delicious- it's super easy! With only 5 ingredients total it makes for a quick and easy dinner. (not to mention healthy!) I'm sure you'll love it as much as me! (although no one loves it as much as my husband) Feel free to adjust the amount of ingredients depending on how saucy you like things. (I'm very saucy- or so I've been told) I serve mine with a side of rice (cooked in coconut milk) and sauteed broccoli. Serve yours with whatever you want. 


Recipe for Sweet and Spicy Salmon:

  • 1/2 cup mae ploy chile sauce
  • 1/2 cup apricot jam
  • 1-3 Tbsp siracha sauce (depending on how spicy you like it)
  • 3-4 green onions chopped     
  • 1-1/12 lb salmon 


Pre-heat the oven to 475. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a saucepan and heat over medium heat. Stir and cook until it's combined. (about 5 to 10 minutes) Add in the onions and let them cook for only a minute or two. Spread sauce over salmon (reserving a few tablespoons of sauce) and bake for about 12 minutes or until done. Enjoy!

word to the wise:  Salmon cooks best for a short time at a high temperature. A chef once told me to bake my salmon at home at 500 degrees for 6 or 7 minutes. So I went home to my tiny 1 bedroom apartment and turned on my very old oven to 500 degrees. I opened the oven to put the salmon in and found my oven on fire!!! Subsequently i began running around yelling "fire! fire!". Thankfully my husband remained calm and took care of the situation. Turns out if you just keep the oven closed the fire dies out. I guess I was freaking out over nothing. Also turns out I needed to clean my oven! What I'm trying to get at is if you feel comfortable cooking your salmon at 500 degrees for a shorter amount of time, then please by all means do! You'll just never catch me doing that again!

No comments:

Post a Comment