11.17.2011

Loved It: Red Beans and Rice

I know it's been made a million times a million ways but just thought I'd share my way with you, cause, well, it's de-lish-ous! I like to slow-cook pork at the beginning of the week and use it for various meals- this is one of them. (I cook my pork in root beer- makes the most tender pork!) 





Recipe For Red Beans and Rice:
  • 1 cup jasmin rice
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • 3 strips of bacon
  • 1 yellow onion, diced
  • about 1/2 to 1 cup of pulled pork
  • 1 avocado
  • cilantro
  • sour cream (optional) 
Cook bacon until crispy over medium low. Cool bacon on paper towels and reserve bacon grease. Cook onion in bacon fat over medium heat until translusent, or for 3 or 4 minutes. Add can of beans. (remember to  drain liquid of course) Add pulled pork. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through. In the meantime cook rice according to directions on package. Crumble bacon and add to pork mixture. Slice up avocado, chop up cilantro,put on top of beans and rice and serve all together in one glorious heap. Add sour cream if desired of course. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment